Wednesday 10 August 2016

I Conquered My Self II (I Conquered My Negative Attitudes)

I have discovered to a large extent my attitudes have defined me. People have drew impressions from my attitudes. My attitudes are the  channels through which I relate with the outside world. Ranging from my verbal responses, body languages and actions, I have related with attitudes.
I used to think I have the best attitudes until they stank like a stench. I wondered why people complained, I never knew they were feedback on my attitudes.

I took my time to discover myself. I discovered I can be better still. I discovered it was the thing inside of me that was acting itself out in attitudes. That's my character. My character has been shaped by my belief system ranging from expositions from environments and people around my life. The first thing I did was to embrace change. Yes! I told myself I can be better! My attitudes can be a blessing. 

Then I uttered my belief system and my character was reshaped and this further polishes my attitudes.

Now my response has changed from, 'THAT'S JUST ME AND THERE NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT',
Now I simply say, PLEASE FORGIVE MY EXCESSES, I NEVER MEANT TO BEHAVE THAT WAY. 

Responses like this calm the other person. Don't be interested in getting people upset because you are claiming champion of your negative attitudes.
I am not there yet, but everyday I learn I can just be better.

Hmmmm. Attitudes are the worse enemy of a man. No matter how beautiful you are, the surest way to paint yourself black is to put up  negative attitudes. Attitudes speak volumes because that's what the world see. And people conclude from what they see. Moving far in life, organisations etc depends on attitudes and the grace of God. Someone is always watching. Yes! And you might not know.

Let's learn some more about attitudes.

Businessdictionary.com defines attitudes as a predisposition or a tendency to respond positively or negatively towards a certain idea, object, person, or situation. Attitude influences an individual's choice of action, and responses to challenges, incentives, and rewards (together called stimuli).

Thomas Jefferson said, "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."

Zig Ziglar also asserted "Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude."

Wade Boggs also said "A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results".

Lou Holtz believes that "ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."

According to Remez Sasson, Positive attitude manifests in the following ways:
·         Positive thinking.
·         Constructive thinking.
·         Creative thinking.
·         Optimism.
·         Motivation and energy to do things and accomplish goals.
·         An attitude of happiness

According to him, A positive frame of mind can help you in many ways, such as:
·         Expecting success and not failure.
·         Making you feel inspired.
·         It gives you the strength not to give up, if you encounter obstacles on your way.
·         It makes you look at failure and problems as blessings in disguise.
·         Believing in yourself and in your abilities.>
·         Enables you to show self-esteem and confidence.
·         You look for solutions, instead of dwelling on problems.
·         You see and recognize opportunities.
Remez also stresses that a positive attitude leads to happiness and success and can change your whole life. If you look at the bright side of life, your whole life becomes filled with light. This light affects not only you and the way you look at the world, but it also affects your environment and the people around you. If this attitude is strong enough, it becomes contagious. It's as if you radiate light around you.

WHAT ARE YOUR ALTITUDES LIKE?

No comments: